"With LumIdent we are following the general trend that life today is on the smartphone," says Matthias Weber, applications expert for the Smart City area at SITECO. Accordingly, the mobile phone is the linchpin of the new tool, which displays technical information about the luminaire and combines simple setting of luminaire functions with structured inventory management. The more a city or municipality grows in size, the more important it becomes for the system status to be recorded in a structured manner. LumIdent - these are the LumIdent QR code on the luminaire, the LumIdent app (available for iOS and Android) and the LumIdent web tool for the PC. The interaction results in a system that combines all relevant functions:
- Inform: The QR code on the light acts as a digital type plate. By scanning the code, the exact luminaire type with all technical details is displayed within seconds. Scanning is possible with the LumIdent App as well as with all other QR code scanners.
- Settings: With the LumIdent App, dimming profiles can be conveniently created, managed and transferred to captured luminaires. One tool for all SITECO luminaires, independent of the ECG manufacturer. This simplifies handling during commissioning and reduces the number of parameterisation tools required for outdoor use.
- >Diagnostics: Using the LumIdent App, SITECO customers can read out diagnostic data from the ECG and identify any faults or malfunctions more easily - an enormous time saving in practice. The search for accessories and spare parts is also greatly simplified by the digital nameplate.
- Managen: In addition, customers can register luminaires with the app and create a digital luminaire register, even including the geo-position of the individual luminaires. In the web tool on the larger screen you can have the luminaires displayed on a map.
At the same time, the web tool forms a bridge to the customer's inventory and data management systems. "Up to now, luminaires have always had to be manually recorded, maintained and every change documented," explains Thomas Reininger, Product Manager responsible for LumIdent. Today, this process also works digitally. All data records can be exported from the web tool to a file and transferred to existing systems. "In the future we want to simplify this even further and solve it via a digital interface," Matthias Weber takes a look into the future.
LumIdent is available as an additional service for the following SITECO luminaire families: Now available for Streetlight 10 and 11, as well as for Streetlight 20 and DL 30 and DL 50 from May. User data can be obtained from your SITECO sales contact.
On September 13, SITECO has released the new LumIdent App version 2.5.1. It is now available for Android smartphones in the Google Play store. For Apple iOS devices, the release in the App Store is expected to follow in week 39 (the week starting on 23.09.). Version 2.5.1 offers the following new features:
- Integration "return function" to the iOS version
- Bug fixing dimming profile and the dimming values
- Update missing translations in German / English
- Offline log into the app with same user data and access to the same organizations / projects.
- Integration status displayfor the connection to the SITECO Servicebox (WLAN)
- Integration status display for the connection to the database (mobile data)
- Improvement of the offline mode. (dimming profiles created offline can be immediately marked for sharing)
- New info fields inform the user about offline mode restrictions
- Support of the Android versions 8.1 and 9
- Fixing of the wrong display of values when reading the dimming profiles of Philips Xitanium ballasts
- Increased stability of the WLAN connection with the SITECO Servicebox
- Registering with the app can now also be done without specifying a geo-position
SITECO customers are encouraged to download the new version for a correct operation of the app on their device.