Identify, configure, manage data: The new LumIdent service solution enables SITECO to digitize handling of outdoor luminaires. For customers, this means: greater convenience, more possibilities – all with a single tool. The service is currently available free of charge.
“The smartphone has become a key part of modern life in many areas, and LumIdent is our way of responding to this trend”, says Matthias Weber, expert for Smart City applications at SITECO. With the smartphone playing a central role, the new tool displays information on the desired luminaire, configures the lighting settings, and manages the luminaire as part of a structured inventory. The capability to register luminaires in a structured fashion becomes particularly important as cities and towns grow in size. LumIdent is made up of three elements: the LumIdent QR code on the luminaire, the LumIdent app for the smartphone (available for iOS and Android) and the LumIdent Web tool for the PC. Together, these produce a system that combines all relevant functions:
- Inform: The QR code on the luminaire acts as a digital nameplate. When the QR code is scanned, it immediately identifies the precise luminaire type and reveals other technical details. Codes can be scanned using the LumIdent app or any other QR code reader.
- Configure: The LumIdent app is a convenient way of creating, managing and assigning dimming profiles to registered luminaires. It works with all SITECO luminaires, regardless of the ECG manufacturer. This simplifies set-up activities and reduces the number of configuration tools needed in the field.
- Diagnose: With the LumIdent app, SITECO customers can retrieve diagnostics data from the ECG, making it easier to identify any errors and saving a great deal of time. In addition, the digital nameplate simplifies searches for accessories and spare parts.
- Manage: Customers can also utilize the app to register their luminaires, creating a digital registry that records the geo-position of each individual light. A map of all the registered luminaires can be viewed on a large PC screen using the Web tool.
The Web tool also acts as a bridge to the customer’s inventory and data management system. “Until now, customers needed to manually enter, update and document information for each luminaire,” explains LumIdent product manager Thomas Reininger. This process has now been digitalized as well. The Web tool can export the complete luminaire data to a file for simple incorporation into existing management systems. “Moving forward, we intend to create a digital interface that will make the process even easier,” says Matthias Weber, giving an insight into future plans.LumIdent is available as an add-on service for the following SITECO luminaire families: immediately available for the Streetlight SL 10, 11, 20 and 30; Decorative Light DL 30 and DL 50. User data can be obtained from your SITECO sales representative.
The current version 2.5.1 (with update from 09/13/2019) provides the following updates:
- Integration of “Back function” in iOS version
- Update for error source dimming profiles and dimming values
- Added missing translations in German/English
- Offline login with the same user data and access to the same organizations / projects
- Integration of status display for the connection to the SITECO Servicebox (wifi)
- Integration of status display for connection to the database (mobile data)
- Expansion of offline mode. (Dimming profiles created offline can be marked for sharing and later automatically shared)
- Integration of new info fields regarding restrictions in offline mode
- Support for Android versions 8.1 and 9.
- Correction of the faulty display of values when reading the dimming profiles of Philips Xitanium ballasts
- Improved stability of wifi connection to the SITECO Servicebox
- Registration of luminaires is now also possible without defining a geo-position
SITECO customers are advised to download the new version for troubleshooting.